Just park it

Monday

Sometimes my little man and I just decide to park it for the day. And by 'park it', I mean we drive right past the playgrounds, past the mall with the indoor play structure and we head to the park.

The dog park.
One catch...we don't own a dog.

The real reason we go however is because of its vast amount of running space, there are stairs to climb, nature to experience and it's sooooo quiet. There aren't a lot of dogs running around during the day (because most people are at work, hence nobody is out walking their dogs), and the people who take their dogs to the dog park are usually the kind of people who pick up their poo. It's really a no-brainer. It's the best park around, a hidden treasure to us.

What toddler wouldn't love the chance to walk this wall like a boss?
What parent wouldn't love a view of the lake, bald eagles above and wide open spaces to let loose some free range children?

It may seem like an odd choice, but sometimes the idea of thwarting the inevitable falls from the jungle gyms and gently negotiating truces between irrational toddlers makes my eye twitch.

In short, our walking and climbing and curious discoveries are some of my favorite moments together, at the dog park.

Do you have a favorite spot where you like to connect with your little one(s)? I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Never thought of the dog park.

    I like to get one on one with my boys. My oldest is especially fun for me, as we have similar interests in books and art. We love Half Price Books, and my buddy actually nagged me to take him to the Pop Art exhibit at the art museum over the holidays. Proud moments.

    ReplyDelete

by mlekoshi