Delicious and simple Pumpkin Bread

Friday


My kids tell me this pumpkin loaf is better than Starbucks and they're dead serious. Enjoy my Grandma's recipe below.

Grandma's Pumpkin Bread
2 C pumpkin
2 C sugar (cut back from 3 C if you prefer sweeter)
1 C water
1 C vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp salt

Use 2 greased 9 x 5 loaf pans at 350 degrees for 60 - 70 minutes.
Feel free to add raisins, chocolate chips or top with your favorite nuts or seeds like we do!

This bread gets devoured in our house, so I usually have to make a few loaves which has been great for school lunches. After they cool, I'll slice them and tuck them into snack size ziplocs and then fill a gallon freezer ziploc full of those slices. My kids love the freedom to grab one for their lunches and one for a friend.

It also makes a great gift for teachers, neighbors and friends.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

by mlekoshi